This internship will be a valuable resume and network building activity, providing transferable skills like improving communications, writing and customer service, and the opportunity to network with hundreds of agricultural companies.
Interns will gain hands on event media experience and practice using social media in a professional capacity.
During the show, the Social Media Team will be responsible for live Twitter and Facebook updates, Twitter engagement, Instagram, promoting the COFS Snapchat filter and live Facebook and Twitter videos.
The Social Media Team will work out of the Media Centre, and in teams of two throughout the show site. This internship is unpaid (a $200 honorarium for travel will be provided) and best suited to University students and young professionals.
COFS will provide:
• Admission and parking passes
• Use of one iPad for each team of two
• Honorarium ($200) in lieu of travel expenses
• Attend a training session which will include reviewing the COFS and AIM social media strategy, reviewing and agreeing to the COFS and AIM social media policy
• Commit to four days (Monday-Thursday)
• Be responsible for travel or accommodations
• Dress appropriately (be prepared for all weather and lots of walking)
To apply, submit application form by August 24
Mandatory: application form, resume, three references
Optional: relevant courses, letter(s) of recommendation