2014 Show Features
NEW CORN SILAGE HARVESTING DEMOS
- Whether raising cattle, custom harvesting or cash cropping this new field equipment demo will be of interest to you. See forage harvester manufacturers showcase their speed, accuracy & ability to produce well-processed corn silage daily at Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show 2014.
Sponsored By: Canadian Cattlemen Magazine, and PRIDE Seeds
TBA IN THE SOUTHWEST DEMO FIELD
NEW SILAGE BAGGING/BALER DEMOS
- Once corn silage is taken off the field, protecting it from the elements is critical for saving its nutritional impact. Facilitated by OMAF expert Joel Bagg and a group of manufacturers, see how different silage baggers work and their individual features. This interactive demo is a must-see.
TBA IN THE WEST DEMO FIELD
NEW SKID STEER RIDE’N’DRIVE
- This new ride’n’drive provides an arena where farmers can get behind the controls & put skid steers through their paces. Test different manufacturers to see how they turn, load & could eventually be a helpful addition to any farm fleet.
Emergency Vehicle and Equipment Demos
Farm & Food Care will unveil their brand new livestock emergency awareness vehicle at Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show! Don’t miss the chance to tour the completely outfitted truck and try your hand at testing the new euthanasia guns (including the TED and Zephyr) with hands-on demos. Come can get interactive and ask your burning questions on emergency response, animal care and who Farm & Food Care is.
Ongoing daily in the swine and poultry pavilion
GROBER YOUNG ANIMAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
- 110 calves and 26 lambs will pass through the GYADC this summer as part of two nutritional and management trials. Each trial is uniquely designed, allowing us to test new products, refine our management recommendations and experiment with innovations in feeding and housing technology. First introduced to North America in 2013, the Calf Rail by Förster Technik will be seen again this year as an automated feeding system for individually housed calves.
Britespan Dairy Innovation Centre (DIC)
More than 15 dairy companies & product lines join forces every September to create the world’s only dairy barn that features two different robotic milking systems. See the DeLaval Voluntary Milking System & Lely Astronaut A4 Milking System come alive to show off their high tech systems. The DIC is a complete showcase of dairy technology with the latest products from BriteSpan Building Systems, Lely, DeLaval, Ontario Harvestore, ABC – Animal Bedding Company, Agrilight, Arntjen, B-W Feed & Seed Ltd., Danamay Supplement Company, David Carson Farms & Auction Services, Enerworks Solar, Faromor, FCC, Klijn Agri Coatings, Kubota, Mycogen Seeds, Ontario Dairy Farmer magazine, Promat, Stubbe’s Precast Inc.
& Supreme Mixer/Brodie Ag.
Featuring: Lely & DeLaval
PASTURE GRAZING DEMO
- Whether cattle or sheep, there are key tips & tricks to using pasture grazing equipment successfully. Visit this interactive demo to see how your animals can benefit from a well-planned rotational grazing system.
Sponsored by: Gallagher Power Fencing, Brussels Agri-Services, Kane Vet, Canadian Cattlemen Magazine & OMAF
DAILY AT 11:300 AM & 2:30 PM ON NORTH MALL
VIP Dairy Producers Brunch
- Thursday September 11, 2014 is “Dairy Day” at Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show. Dairy producers & their families can enjoy a complimentary breakfast sponsored by eight agricultural companies committed to Canada’s dairy sector. This INVITE ONLY breakfast is a valuable networking opportunity for all in attendance.
SHEEP & GOAT PAVILION
- Producers involved in these industries will find industry representatives, breed associations & equipment companies in the Multi-Shelter Greenhouse. A well-rounded cross section of industry reps will be on-hand to answer questions & show new products.
ONGOING DAILY ON 8TH LANE
DOZENS OF PRODUCT LAUNCHES & MUCH MORE!
- Shh! It’s too soon for Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show to announce the dozens of new products today, but stay tuned for the list of new agricultural equipment that is making its Canadian debut in September!